Step-by-step tutorials for you to get started with web scrapingDownload Octoparse
Hover-onMonday, December 02, 2019
The latest version for this tutorial is available here. Go to have a check now!
Sometimes you need to place your mouse over a designated area on the web page before accessing the data you want. In this tutorial, we will show you how to extract data that appears on hover in Octoparse.
1) Click on the designated area on the web page loaded in the built-in browser
2) Select "Hover on the selected element" from Action Tips
A Cursor Over action would be generated in the workflow. Octoparse would automatically set up 5-second AJAX Timeout for the action, so you have no need to worry about dealing with AJAX .
3) Select and extract the data that appears on hover
To access the data that appears on hover, you can place your mouse over the designated area on the web page in the built-in browser, or just click the Cursor Over action in the workflow. When the data appears in the built-in browser, click the data you want and select the appropriate action from Action Tips.
- Most popular tutorials
- Scrape data on Instagram
- Scrape business information from Yelp
- Scrape tweets from Twitter
- Scrape listings from Airbnb
- Scrape hotel data from Booking.com